Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global network & security engineering group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, & reliability of Visa's credit & debit commercial networks (i.e. VisaNet), the enterprise corporate network, the global wide area network, the extranet/Internet networks, & the voice network. Network Engineering also shares responsibility with information security for network access & security compliance of all networks.
- This is a Senior Staff Network Engineer position with the Test & Certification Engineering team. The engineer will be responsible for performing network lab testing & certification both in a physical & virtual lab environment prior to implementation into Visa's Global Network Infrastructures. Job would involve developing comprehensive test plans based on network designs & test requirements & to conduct integration testing of new network hardware, network design & software to support network infrastructure evolution. This role serves as a technical specialist who works independently & as a member of a team, only requiring guidance in complex situations.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or
- 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 5 years of experience in a Network Engineering role
- Experience with supporting & maintaining F5 Big-IP load balancers to include set up, maintenance, upgrades, & replacement of the latest generation of F5 products
- Experience with LTM SSL offloading & ciphers configuration.
- Experience with Virtual servers, pools/pool members, nodes, monitors, health checks, etc. configuration.
- Experience with troubleshooting GTM issues such as global DNS manipulation, redundant data center failover capability.
- Knowledge of F5 device maintenance, device configurations, partitions & upgrades.
- Experience with iRules creation, modification & optimization to support applications.
- Hands on experience with Cisco & Arista routing & switching platforms.
- Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF & RIP.
- Excellent communicator & team-builder, capable of establishing trust & securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, & formalizing into new network solutions.
- Hands on experience with EVE-NG & Cisco Modeling Lab (CML) tool.
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) & its application in Data Center & WAN design.
- Advanced Network Industry certification e.g. CCIE & JNCIE
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field
- Network programming using Ansible, Python
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be primarily performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up. In addition, the position also requires work in a lab environment lifting & installing equipment, running cables & lifting up to 50 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.