About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing & Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth & helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, & increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, & marketing tools.
Over 8,000 restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted & loved by hospitality groups such as Jos Andrss ThinkFoodGroup & Danny Meyers Union Square Hospitality Group & independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, & The Meatball Shop. In November 2021, Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments & financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences, acquired BentoBox. The acquisition will allow BentoBox to support more restaurants than ever before.
About the Role:
Were looking for an entry-level Software Engineer to help build the worlds best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python, & React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
What Youll Do:
- Work with designers, product managers, & other engineers to implement new features on our platform
- Contribute clean, clear, high-quality production code
- Contribute unit & integration tests for new & existing features
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, & values
Experience Were Looking For:
- 0-1+ years of experience writing production code
- Backend experience with an OOP or functional programming language
- A good understanding of Python
- Strong desire to learn & grow technical & business skills
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science, Bootcamp, or equivalent experience
Nice to Haves
- A good understanding of Django, including its ORM
- Some experience with React JS
- Comfortable querying data from an API, transforming data, & pushing to another API
- Experience working with or building microservices
Perks of Joining Us:
Were building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) & Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth & support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBoxs COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. BentoBox complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.