Analytics is one of the fastest growing teams at Betterment. We operate with a 360-degree view of the company, working closely with teams to partner & advise on creating the best experience for our users. Projects range from propensity modeling to creating beautiful dashboards that provide a pulse on the business to developing infrastructure that enables the entire Analytics team to answer key strategic questions.
In this role, you will be a Lead Analyst supporting our B4B business line. Betterment for Business is on a mission to make it possible - if not compulsory - for every business to affordably provide a retirement plan option to their employees. Join us to become a key contributor to the success & growth of this business. We have the luxury of being a small business within a much larger one, but our aspirations are not small. We have aggressive growth targets driven by a multichannel acquisition strategy, & we need a seasoned & motivated analyst to help us steer our business decisions. Youll have a seat at the leadership table, interacting directly with each head of function, supporting them in answering the key questions of the business.
This is a contract-to-hire position located in our NYC Headquarters.
A Day in the Life:
- Drive the overall analytics roadmap for our B4B line of business
- Identify & prioritize key business questions based on your deep understanding of the business & partner teams
- Define key business metrics for Marketing, Sales & Client Support that must be well monitored & operationalized
- Own development & maintenance of dashboards from concept through execution
- Scope & own ad hoc analysis for internal & external partners
- Use DBT & SQL to craft pipelines from product tables into Datamart to power reporting & ad hoc analysis
- Influence quarterly & annual planning & partner with Finance on forecasting business, pipeline & customer performance
- Drive data accessibility, understanding & culture by helping our B4B organization understand, observe & action on data & analysis
- Continuously seek to improve your own impact & understanding of the business, analytic techniques & influencing/communication skills
What We're Looking For:
- Relevant experience in B2B Sales/Sales Operations Analytics, Customer Operations or management consulting
- Proven track record of identifying targeting criteria & sales drivers
- Willingness & ability to take ownership of critical business reporting
- Strong SQL skills & a desire to advance your technical abilities
- Experience creating & maintaining dashboards with Looker or other Business Intelligence software
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce, including experience with integration of Salesforce into business data & vice versa
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.