Away is seeking a seasoned Digital Product Manager to help us lead our Omnichannel roadmap & transform how customers explore & shop our products. The right candidate will combine their ecommerce experience, strong business acumen, & technical understanding to collaborate with stakeholders & the delivery team to craft delightful omnichannel experiences that drive conversion. Responsibilities include ownership of omnichannel implementation to streamline our business processes & integration as it pertains to our e-commerce site & future customer experiences. You will report to our Design Director, Digital (UX) & be based in our New York City office.
You will translate business requirements into detailed specifications & testing plans, working with internal & external engineers to deliver high quality solutions. You will interact with external vendors & partners to coordinate product & technical specifications, & align on milestones & timelines.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate across the business to define omnichannel requirements as it pertains to our e-commerce site
- Own & drive the Product roadmap & features for all future omnichannel experiences
- Contribute to product strategy & vision, roadmaps, & drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, to launch
- Maintain & prioritize the product backlog, including gathering requirements, writing user stories & acceptance criteria
- Translate highest priority opportunities into compelling business cases that define business value & ROI
- Present product strategies to key stakeholders & executives to build organizational alignment & support for your roadmap
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, UX, & key stakeholders like Creative, Ecommerce, Brand & Merchandising teams to create cohesive & engaging user experiences & the systems that support them
- Balance customer & business needs, while remaining flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Analyze user behavior via data/analytics & identify opportunities for funnel conversion improvements
- Develop A/B testing hypotheses & plans to validate & evaluate product performance
- Incorporate quantitative & qualitative data into product decision making
- Define & track metrics to assess success & failure of projects, while ensuring the team & stakeholders are aligned on goals.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, & products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
Who you are:
- An advocate for the customer & their experience for all customer touchpoints, leveraging data & research to ensure we are addressing their needs & solving their problems
- A people person; adept at reading people & empathizing with our users
- Nimble & flexible; happy to work with a range of timelines & pivot when things dont go as planned
- Youre a self starter that is resourceful & able to act autonomously, with no fear of getting your hands dirty or to be the first to tackle a challenge
- A storyteller that can present a compelling narrative
- Someone who can communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Someone who is proud of their past launches & the customer & business impact they had
- A successful & respected leader of small to large launches
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
- 5 years of professional digital product management experience
- 3 years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products & platforms
- 2 years of experience with ERP or large scale systems within an ecommerce/retail/omnichannel environment
- Experience with Agile & waterfall methodologies
- Familiar with analytics tools & how to use them to surface valuable insights
- Experience working on projects with operational dependencies & multiple key stakeholders
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, such as Solidus, Spree, Shopify, or Magento
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 & launching omnichannel experiences
- Experience working at a growth stage company
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, JIRA, Figma
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.