Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think of ourselves like a potluck; everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you -- welcome home.
We are looking for a HR Generalist, be based in one of our eastern regional offices (Atlanta, New York, Boston ), to join our growing team! The HR Generalist will be the HR representative for our growing east coast regional business, with responsibilities including employee relations, compensation, payroll, absence management support, benefits, HRIS & training. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple things at once & to take initiative in troubleshooting & finding solutions. This role will partner directly with HR Business Partners & sit within our People team.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day
- Advise & provide coaching to first-time managers on employee relations, systems implementation, performance management, company policies, & other related topics
- Partner with your region or functions HR Business Partner on larger projects & org changes
- Provide on-the-ground HR support for the east coast region
- Identify & recommend continuous improvements to HR programs & processes to drive efficiencies & enhance the employee experience
- Conduct exit interviews & support administration of employee offboarding
- Stay up to date on US HR laws (payroll, benefits, compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.)
- Manage employee relations & respond to all questions regarding benefits, systems, performance, company programs & policies
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 5 years of HR or related experience in fast-growing organizations
- Knowledge of HR federal & provincial laws & regulations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously & navigate in a rapidly-changing environment
- Strong communication abilities with demonstrated experience influencing & collaborating cross-functionally & remotely
- Experience with being the face of HR, representing policies & practices to managers & employees across the organization
- A BA/BS degree
- An analytical mindset & can think critically
- Experience with Workday, ADP or similar HRIS
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.