The Deliveroo Team
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic & most mature market & functions include commercial, operations & marketing. Teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology & consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The SMB Operational Excellence Manager is a high impact role, responsible for driving Deliveroos UK commercial efforts (from sales to account management to support functions) by working closely with the UK SMB leadership team.
What Youll Be doing
- Identify & prioritise opportunities to step-change our processes to deliver internal efficiency benefits & enhanced partner experience.
- Map commercial agent funnel & associated restaurant experience from sign up to being live & identify the biggest opportunities for improvement.
- Align with the rest of the UK&I & central teams for prioritisation of these initiatives.
- Monitor effectiveness of the new embedded approaches & course-correcting issues.
- Identify & address gaps in the commercial organization to implement a data driven approach to performance management
- Build scalable dashboards that provide actionable insights for data-driven decision-making for all the commercial teams.
- Create alarm bells to flag any issues in commercial agent performance or restaurant experience
- Drive the planning process for the SMB organization
- Develop SMB strategy & create an ambitious plan to execute.
- Ensure high levels of quality, accuracy & process consistency in planning, forecasting & budgeting approaches used by the commercial teams to drive commercial performance
- Provide day-to-day support for the SMB commercial teams
- Problem solve on execution challenges
- Help prioritize ad hoc projects / other unplanned initiatives
- Identify short term incentives / actions to course correct any issues
This is a demanding role which will require drive, ambition & enthusiasm. The successful candidate will have a passion for building scalable / efficient solutions while also being focused on meeting shorter term results. Another key attribute is the ability focus on competing priorities & larger initiatives across Deliveroo to ensure successful execution.
- Demonstrable experience at leadership level, within an operations & strategy role.
- A deeply curious & avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve & creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins
- Autonomy with a strong analytical approach strong ability to join quantitative & qualitative approaches to frame & synthesise complex business problems into clear, concise & easy-to-understand solutions.
- Can make things happen - Solid track record of getting things done & influencing cross-functional teams.
- Strong written & oral communication skills, with an eye for detail & a passion for presenting data & information in clear, compelling ways to communicate concepts & desired outcomes.
- A team player who can get the best from a multi-functional team, with a win-win/can-do attitude.
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus.