BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits & relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant & the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first & offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted & loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Roses Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
Were looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to help build the worlds best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python & React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Work with designers, product managers, & other engineers to implement new features on our platform
- Contribute clean, clear, high-quality production code
- Help the product & design teamwork through the product specification, design, & feasibility process
- Contribute unit & integration tests for new & existing features
- Provide effective & constructive feedback on other engineers contributions
- Research & recommend new technologies, help set best practices & coding standards
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, & values
Skills & Attributes
- 2-5 years of experience writing production code
- Some experience with writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django or Rails
- Some level of experience with React (with or without Redux)
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, life insurance)
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development, growth, & support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Please share with us why youre interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples youd like to share with us.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute technical video screen.
- Candidates who pass the technical screen will meet with three additional members of the engineering team for a final round of video interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.