ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Freelance Apparel Technical Designer to join our team in New York, NY
- Create & maintain accurate & detailed technical packages for appareldevelopment & production.
- Lead fittings on a live fit model using technical knowledge to determinecorrections needed.
- Effectively Communicate fit & construction corrections to the factory
- Establish & issue grade rules & construction details for all garments
- Partner with production in testing & performance requirements
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners to create alignment inproduct design & fit
- Self manage your workflow to ensure deliverables are met for developmentand production
- Proactively follow up on samples with production team & factories toensure that time & action calendar is followed.
- Meet with suppliers seasonally in coordination with production to managequality of all trim components & ensure standards / performance are met
- Schedule & prepare for weekly fittings, manage fit model invoices
- Partner in weekly development meetings to report on technical designdeliverables
- Be a right hand to production & merchandising partners developmentthrough production to develop & product apparel with consistency & integrity
- Conduct market research & pull seasonal factory research on innovation inconstruction, manufacturing techniques & best product practices
- 7+ years of experience in technical design, active product preferred
- Working knowledge of patterns, fit, construction, active product preferred
- A go getter with a positive, no task too big or too small attitude
- Strong understanding of fabrics, garment construction & garment testing
- Efficient, organized, detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork andcollaborative innovation.
- Strong Proficiency in PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Excel & G Suite
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.