BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Develop an exhaustive understanding of what drives a customers business & what motivates their decision making
- Passionately bring to light the advantages of a Pure Storage solution
- Refine sales strategy & tactics, taking command of technical responsibilities
- Delight customers & teammates with your technical leadership & domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, & competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS & SAN product spaces
- Take control of evaluations & benchmarks, system configurations, & system installations
- Build & deliver technical product & architecture presentations with vigor to customers & lock in the technical win with clients & prospective accounts
- Capture requirements & translate Customers business needs into innovative solutions to accelerate their growth & capacity
- Author responses to RFI & RFPs
- Seek out & spur new opportunities for interoperability, functional, & performance testing/validation
- Promote mutual roadmap & planning exchanges
- Liaise with product & technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans & objectives
- Stay current with the competition & ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning
- Move with market trends & competitive landscape to promote thought leadership within our organization
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Pre-sales SLED experience is required
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts & data centers
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design & implementation of multi-tiered client/server & web-based computing solutions
- Prior experience in targeting new prospects & converting them into clients
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs & RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current & emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems & UNIX distributed network environment
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems
- Strong knowledge of digital transformation to a Cloud Native architecture, On-Prem, Public Cloud, Provisioning Automation, & Containers
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP & general networking
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives)
- Application knowledge is highly desirable
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.