Communication has changed for people. Its changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycleacross acquisition, engagement, & support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, & so much more.
What's the opportunity?
At Intercom, you will be a product engineer - someone who solves real customer problems through a smart & efficient application of your technical knowledge & your tools. Youll be part of one of our multidisciplinary product teams, where you will build both back-end & front-end systems, & work closely with designers, product managers, researchers, & data analysts.
Our growth rate is faster than almost every other Saas company, ever and weve recently announced a $125 million Series D investment round. Were facing many exciting scaling challenges & were building a robust platform where your expertise can be applied to areas such as building a beautiful messenger composer, rule matching, deliverability, security, app availability & machine learning, to name a few.
What will I be doing?
As an experienced engineer you will:
- Develop technical plans & contribute to our technical architecture as we scale our products to serve tens of millions of people every day.
- Write Ruby code, which knits together a lot of AWS, infrastructure, platform & SaaS technologies that form the core of Intercoms backend infrastructure
- Ship a change to production on your first day & a feature in your first week. That day one change is automatically deployed to production along with 100 other deployments (on average) each weekday
- Grow your teams capacity by mentoring other engineers & interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building & growing a team.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product. You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Deep knowledge of a high-level programming language (for example, Ruby, Python, Perl etc.) but it doesnt need to be a language that we use here! Great people are effective & learn what we use quickly (or introduce us to better ways of working)
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams & designers, & a proven track record of delivering value to customers or users. Engineers at Intercom are pragmatists who work closely with others on cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience with Distributed systems
What happens when I apply?
First, apply so we can review your CV :) As the next step, we will send you our take-home test to work on in your own time. You can find more details on the questions & how we evaluate answers here. The following step will be a phone interview with one of our engineers which will focus on technical and culture contribution questions (this step is sometimes broken down into 2 interviews). The final step is an onsite interview in our London (Shoreditch) office
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch & dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods & a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health & dental insurance for you & your dependents
- Open vacation policy & flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym & other sports activities up to 90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people & we want to continue to attract & retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive & diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.