Location: New York or Remote in the US
We have an office in New York & this position can either be based in the office, hybrid-remote or remote in the US (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 3500 apps at more than 2400 financial institutions.
About the Role
Our Engineering team is growing & we are currently hiring engineers across various levels of seniority! We are seeking full stack developers with hands-on experience working across various stages of software development & a passion for designing, building & innovation. In addition, an active interest in a wide range of technologies, & a desire to learn new ones! Supported by our array of expert engineers, you will play a critical role in developing creative solutions for our clients.
Our ideal candidate has a quality first mindset & is a solutions oriented, reliable self starter with a strong attention to detail. You should be a quick learner that enjoys solving unique problems. Once again, the ability to learn & quickly comprehend is critical to success. People who enjoy going deep into understanding the foundations & seek to learn, will make great team members.
Although we are FinTech, finance knowledge is not required. We have an informal, collaborative & fun working environment & the person in this seat will get to work with an exceptional team of engineers across the US & UK.
- Design & build APIs & related functionality that power some of the most complex & mission critical applications at the world's largest financial institutions
- Apply the knowledge, rigor & patterns typically used to create backend server or full stack architectures to instead solve complex front end challenges on the desktop
- Quickly get up to speed with technologies & products of interest to OpenFin & our customers. Many of the problems we solve are unique & require creative solutions
- Make impactful & insightful contributions to code reviews & design discussions
- Identify challenges to adoption of APIs (developer ergonomics, failure states, future unplanned use cases) & suggest solutions to these, whether through code, API design, or documentation
- Recommend improvements to the software designs & code to peers & customers
- In partnership with the design team & other engineers, leverage your knowledge of commonly used user interfaces (i.e. the windows operating system, browsers like Chrome, Firefox, & other specialty browsers, modern desktop apps like slack & vscode) to identify edge cases or usability concerns.
- Where necessary, create spikes or proof of concept code to address technical unknowns, & where applicable promote these into production quality code
- Write reusable code - DRY concept
- Contribute to growing our team & our culture
Our Ideal Candidate has Experience and/or Interest in
- The design of distributed systems
- Highly complex asynchronous programming
- Collaborating with UX/Design/QA teams
- Desktop or container technologies such as PWAs, ElectronJS, or the OpenFin container
- Working in an agile environment & the ability to think ahead of the sprint
- Experience working in enterprise production environments
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience building complex consumer grade web applications & a good understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with a wide range of other technologies & frameworks such as .NET, Java, Python, Go, React, NextJS, Mocha, C++, etc.is preferred
- A grasp of how to understand business requirements & the way they translate to technical requirements
- Ability to foster a collaborative & supportive environment working within engineering, product & customer solutions teams & be comfortable communicating with clients on occasion
- The ability to be adaptable & nimble to meet the needs of various stakeholders & shift tasks as necessary
- Excellent analytical thinking, oral & written communication skills with the ability to influence peers
What Were Offering