Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving technical problems & enabling customers along with extensive experience working with Linux, Kubernetes, & open-source environments. Someone who has a strong desire to support our customers with an emphasis on fixing it once for all.
We are looking for a Developer Support Engineer to join our Developer Support Upstack team. Reporting to the Manager of Support for Upstack, youll be responsible for connecting customers from around the world with the resources needed to enable them to fully utilize our platform & advocating for their needs.
As a Developer Support Engineer focused on providing exceptional support for our Kubernetes offering, & through engagement & collaboration with our Upstack, Product, & Engineering teams, youll have the opportunity to connect with & directly impact each customers' experience & journey on our platform.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting common issues related to Linux, Kubernetes, containerized workloads, & common application stacks
- Working both collaboratively & independently with our support, product, & engineering teams
- Identifying, communicating, & documenting process & policy improvements
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Linux operating systems, containerized workloads, & relevant technologies
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Successful track record in providing exceptional support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for customer advocacy & technology
- Strongly identify with our products, brand, & team culture
- Strong analytical & pattern recognition skills
- Bonus: Experience setting up & managing production Kubernetes clusters
- Bonus: Programming experience in Go
- Bonus: Knowledge of, & contribution to Open Source projects
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!