Expedient helps companies transform their IT operations through award-winning cloud solutions & managed services including disaster recovery, security & compliance, & more. Named VMwares Americas Cloud Partner of the Year & acknowledged in Gartners Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service, Expedients solutions help to ease clients transition to the cloud, enabling them to focus on strategic business innovation while the Expedient team handles operation of the information technology needed to support it.
We're hiring an Entry-Level Technical Support Representative in Columbus. The role provides a fast-track opportunity to promotion & career growth through training on a variety of technical platforms including virtualization, networking, managed backups, Windows, Linux/Unix & infrastructure. The role has a formalized training plan that covers the technology & the business of Expedient & the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) industry. The successful candidate will be passionate about IT & have a desire & ability to learn & grow his/her IT career. The position works a required schedule of Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sponsorship is not provided.
Expedient does not engage with third-party recruiting or staffing firms.
Applicants should be able to show experience with IT & technology; acceptable experience can include self-study, technical school or work experience. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start his or her IT career with growth potential, professional development opportunities & the chance to work with a wide variety of technologies.
- Handle Tier 1 job tickets such as tape back-ups, setup of hardware for new hires, etc.
- Follow strict security protocol to allow client access requests inside the data center using specific access control criteria
- When necessary, enforce security protocols -- for example, if a client requests to remove equipment without prior notification or as per contractual obligation
- Follow shipping & receiving procedures to ensure the secure transport of materials to & from the facility
- Cover the front desk phone, & conduct physical & virtual security checks
- Process & prioritize client & employee technical requests by phone, email or in person
- Use the ticketing system to log all requests & activities including documentation of special requests & customizations considered important for future support
- Industry certification(s) preferred (such as the CCNA, CompTIA A+ or Network+, for example)
- A strong desire for a career in IT and/or technology & evidence showing IT experience
- Associate degree in a technical discipline or technical equivalent work experience
- Previous exposure to or experience in an IT environment
- Previous customer-service work experience
- Must be professional & patient at all times, as this is a client-facing role
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical & independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple responsibilities that are time-sensitive
- Having a willingness & ability to learn quickly -- our technology, etc.
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments & to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts light-weight items and occasionally lifts heavy-weight materials such as equipment, parts, computer & server hardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk & print out visitors badge, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb & balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, & crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT Expedient was awarded a Top Workplace for a fifth year in 2019. We make education & training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training & tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include generous paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous match & a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team & individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume & a cover letter explaining your interest. If this isnt the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.