ROCKETS OF AWESOME is reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, & exceptional merchandise. Were making shopping for kids apparel convenient & funThis is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative & strategic team working to develop a scalable e-commerce system that powers a business with massive market opportunity. This team cultivates a culture of learning & continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, & immediately adapting.
We value fun, simplicity, & teamwork.
About the position
The Brand Copywriter is a key member of the creative team responsible for bringing the voice of the brand to life across all channels including site, social, email, & blog. Reporting to the Art Director, you will be responsible for writing the copy for all emails, website, brand strategy, our blog (The Awesome News), social media & printed materials.
Rockets of Awesome is looking for a whip-smart copywriter/editor to join our team who will further our storytelling abilities & help us connect emotionally to our customer. We have
developed a specific look & feel & now we need a brand voice that is equally compelling & can pierce through every one of our channels. We are creating a brand that parents rely on, trust, & tell their friends about. In order to achieve this goal, we need to have more than just great clothes & seamless service. We need to have a story that customers love, & that's where copywriting & editorial voice comes in. Copy is a huge element of why customers will fall in love with a brand. As our Brand Copywriter, you'll be responsible for shaping, evolving, & sharpening our voice to customers so that it aligns with our product, service, & brand purpose.
Head of Marketing, Brand Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Associate Director of Growth Marketing
Were looking for someone who is...
- Able to concept & develop ideas using available assets
- Able to identify & create editorial stories within seasonal collections
- Extremely tapped into what our customer is reading & cares about
- An incredible story teller with a sense of humor, wit, & a strong voice, even when it comes to product copy
- Has deep experience in email marketing, SEO, & digital ad copy
- Understands the power of a compelling subject line & a succinct headline
- Understands how to build a narrative around product in a way that woos the customer & drives them to purchase
- Obsessed with crafting messaging to drive the desired action & then learning what worked & what didnt
- Has the ability to craft impactful copy ranging from billboards to instagram captions
- Understands that strategy & creativity go hand-in-hand
- A true collaborator who thrives in a brainstorm but can also work independently to create top-tier work
- Self-motivated & comfortable working within tight deadlines
- Experienced in writing on digital platforms with the ability to evolve based on new forms of communication. (e.g. snapchat, instagram stories & the next new thing)
- An entrepreneurial spirit & a problem solver
- Able to contribute to the content marketing strategy
What youll be working on...
- Copy on all outgoing emails
- Site copy (Landing page/story & category pages)
- Direct Mail
- Pop up/collaboration collateral
- Product copy
- Social copy
- Awesome news articles (blog)
- Ads (FB, Instagram, Pinterest, Search, OOH, Audio)
Other Requirements & Considerations
- 5+ years of copy experience, preferably in-house at a clothing ecommerce company
- 5+ experience of editorial/written content creation experience