Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, & adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors & phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices & products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things & AR/VR.
Whether youre watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking todays forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location & maps within those apps. Were changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Maps SDK team builds the open source library that powers our mobile maps. Customers of our SDK include apps on Android & iOS, small & large. We work with devices of all shapes & forms, from the latest flagship phone to tablets, laptops, smartwatches, HMD, & embedded boards. Our developers build apps, games & navigation experiences that top the App Store & Play Store rankings, & we are constantly working together to help them build whats next, whether thats an Augmented Reality game, a popular consumer app, or an autonomous driving experience.
- Design & implement high-priority features for the Maps SDK for iOS using Objective-C, C++ & Swift.
- Architect strong, testable designs which use modern programming techniques.
- Help improve the performance & reliability of the iOS SDK.
- Debug hard-to-track issues affecting customers using the SDK.
- Mentor junior engineers & help grow their technical expertise.
- Collaborate with sibling teams to coordinate releases & define technical roadmap.
- Lead technical development on differentiating & innovative features for the Maps SDK.
- Improve developer tooling & build systems to allow for reproducible, straightforward
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related & 5 years of related experience. In lieu of a Bachelors degree, we will accept an additional 4 years of related, full-time experience.
Prior experience must include two years of experience in the following:
- Experience developing iOS applications with objective-c;
- Experience developing iOS applications with swift; and
- Experience with developing frameworks for iOS
Prior experience must include one year of experience in the following:
- Experience estimating & roadmapping technical projects; and
- Experience working with build systems & continuous integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
To be considered, applicants must send resume to email@example.com referencing job code .
Mapbox is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership & contributions of men & women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs & culture. Recruiting & mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority & we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of Mapboxs background screening process.