Instacart Site Managers own multiple stores in a particular area & are critical to the success of our business. As a site manager, you are responsible for maintaining strong relationships with our retail partners, managing the entire shopper lifecycle from hiring to onboarding & performance management, & being the connective glue between on-the-ground operations & HQ. This is a unique role, as Site Managers are both true members of the corporate team while also maintaining day to day interaction with our incredible group of in-store shoppers. If you are seeking a career where you have high impact & ownership, autonomy, & room to grow, then this is the job for you.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee the in-store shopper hiring process, including onboarding setup, oversight, & applicant communication.
- Facilitate in-store shopper training, coaching, & shadowing
- Promote our company values & cultivate a positive work environment for Instacart in-store staff, retailer partner store staff, & in-store customers
- Provide guidance & support to our in-store Shift Leads
- Assist with special projects such as new store launch initiatives or new geography launches
- Identify performance improvement plans for underperforming in-store shoppers, which includes recommending terminations when needed
- Proactively develop improvements to in-store shopping processes across multiple stores
- Oversee & ensure that orders are accurately & efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate promptly with necessary details to the local Instacart Operations Team regarding issues that may arise in-store & provide recommendations for resolutions
- Oversee Instacart staging area(s) to ensure operational efficiency & professional appearance
- Partner with local Instacart Operations Team resources to ensure important personnel issues are escalated properly
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance customer experience
- Act quickly & respond to issues that arise with shoppers, customers, & our retail partners
- Excellent talent evaluation skills to vet & select the next generation of Instacart in-store shoppers
- High emotional intelligence & interpersonal skills, ability to develop deep & trusting relationships
- Demonstrated poise with navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, & in-store shoppers
- Proven ability as a teacher & coach to develop great in-store shoppers
- Willing to engage in difficult or sensitive conversations with in-store shoppers & retail partners
- Identify plans for underperforming in-store shoppers, which include recommendations for performance management & terminations.
- Creative problem-solving skills & comfort with operating within a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Ability to prioritize time & operate autonomously & without on-site supervision
- Effective written & verbal communication to share the highest priority items with your manager
- Ability to give & receive constructive feedback, with the desire to continuously improve
- Computer literacy & tech-savviness; ability to learn & deploy new technical tools
- Have consistent access to & be able to effectively use a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- Flexibility to work in different stores & different environments when needed
- Grit: the willingness to do whatever it takes to solve for the customer
- Pride of ownership to put your name next to your stores' performance
- Geographic & Schedule flexibility - Site Managers may be required to visit multiple stores in a single day & may be required to travel to other regions on an ad hoc basis
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up & down stairs, during shift
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional & local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluckeveryone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
GET A TASTE OF INSTACART
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.