Channels & Services is looking for an engaging Team Lead to lead the global Sales Development team. This team is composed of Sales Development Representatives & is looking for a lead to ensure they have the tools to generate & qualify high-value business for the new Enterprise program while providing an exceptional Squarespace experience. You will oversee the teams daily responsibilities, including phone, video, live chat, & email communication, & ensure that your team is exceeding performance targets. The Sales Development team is responsible for identifying & creating new qualified sales opportunities for Sales Representatives & Account Executives. SDRs develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact, while making a business impact through lead generation. As a Sales Development Team Lead, you will communicate with the Senior Leadership team to understand & help influence the broader department strategy. You will also collaborate with your peers & partners on local or department-wide projects to increase efficiencies for prospects & the business.
You will be based in our NYC or PDX office, & report to the Senior Enterprise Sales Manager.
You'll Get To
- Create a positive team culture & manage your teams adherence to company policies, performance expectations, & metrics
- Write & provide team member feedback during annual review cycles & deliver updates to compensation
- Coach SDRs through shadowing, role plays, process improvement, & performance reporting in recurring 1:1s
- Drive achievement of revenue targets through development of prospecting strategies & leveraging of sales KPIs.
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to build & coordinate training programs
- Work closely with marketing, sales, & people ops to ensure SDR onboarding program & ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering
- Help interview, hire, & onboard new SDRs
- Support team members during and/or directly provide demos to perspective Select & Enterprise leads
- Help develop processes to increase the efficiency of our lead-gen initiatives in order to grow our top of sales funnel through warm & cold outbound campaigns
- Ensure sales accepted opportunities are sourced in accordance with company targets, & that our sales organization has enough opportunities to work with to be fully productive
- Help improve our offerings through providing a feedback loop to the product team
- Maintain effective time management balancing prospects, projects, & internal responsibilities.
- Participate in calibration, team meetings & bring constructive feedback on how to improve our current workflow
- Collaborate & assist cross departmentally with Marketing, RevOps, Finance, Circle, Content & Community, Support Systems, etc.
- Minimal travel
Who We're Looking For
- 1+ years of direct people management experience in a customer support or account management environment, including experience with interviewing & hiring
- Experience working with performance targets (KPIs) & motivating team members to exceed goals in an inclusive team environment
- Background in providing feedback
- Experience with data analysis & project management
- Experience with change management
- High level of comfort with sales, prospecting & marketing tools & processes
- Highly organized & can handle multiple prospects with ease
- Entrepreneurship: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency & can work within undefined processes
- Experience with Salesforce CRM ad/or Sales Enablement software preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.