As a Data Scientist, youll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, & work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Adeptly interpret & utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, & present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research & tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer & driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion & retention at every touch point
- Design & implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- Obsessed with data; analytical & rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics & machine learning
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing & editing skills.
- Passionate about elegant visualization; you understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, & marketing
- PhD in statistics, machine learning, physics, math, systems biology, or highly quantitative fields in social sciences, including 2+ years of graduate-level research experience (or the equivalent).
- Have experience with predictive modeling & statistical analysis techniques in a business environment
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, & Tableau
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.