Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely delivers the world's leading experimentation platform. Empowering marketing & product teams to test, learn & deploy winning digital experiences, every time. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences including companies like eBay, KLM, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Headquartered in downtown San Francisco with the EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam & offices in NYC, Austin, Sydney, London, Munich & Cologne, Optimizely is looking for a site support & systems engineer based in Amsterdam.
About the job:
The site support & systems engineer is responsible for responding to internal user requests for technical help & providing best in class support through resolution. Optimizely leverages a diverse portfolio of both internal & SaaS tools & ensuring that employees can access & leverage these tools is essential to keeping Optimizely running efficiently. In this role, you will not only leverage well developed & maintained processes & systems but also contribute to the continuous improvement of these procedures & tools.
This position also supports infrastructure in EMEA following prescribed guidelines & direction from the SF based IT team.
- Documents status of cases & provides updates to end users & the IT team
- Receives, tracks, configures & issues hardware, software, & peripherals
- Monitors endpoint reports ensuring systems are correctly configured, patched & secure
- Tracks support backlog to ensure requests are handled within defined SLAs.
- Escalates issues effectively across multiple teams in & outside of the IT organization
- Assists in remediating infrastructure & executes routine work with guidance from corporate IT staff in San Francisco
- Troubleshoots infrastructure issues, remediating using defined procedures, liaising with local vendors & escalating as needed to the infrastructure team
Requirements for being successful in this role:
- Google Apps Experience
- Active Directory & GPO troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of video conferencing systems
- Anti-malware tools & remediation
- Experience with VPNs with focus on client management & troubleshooting
- Knowledge of file & share permissions
- Strong troubleshooting of both Mac & Windows clients
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energyand enthusiasm
- Displays a great attitude & enjoys working in a close team-oriented environment
- Great verbal & solid written communication
- Strong customer service & problem-solving skills
- Manage time well. Correctly prioritize tasks
- Able to manage & balance near & long term work, shift priorities as needed
- Ability to identify areas for improvement & help incorporate them into shared workflows
Nice to have:
- Experience with JIRA, JAMF & KACE
- Zoom or other cloud-based UC tools
- Customer service experience
- Microsoft or Mac certifications
- Experience with VOIP
- Experience with OKTA or other single sign-on tools
- Some travel (within EMEA, 6 times per year, to HQ 1-2 times per year)
At Optimizely, we offer a wide array of benefits & perks to help our employees strike just the right balance between work time & personal time. We're all about optimizing productivity by maximizing joy.
- Catered in-office lunch & wide array of snacks
- Commuter benefits
- Competitive vacation policy
- Fully paid health insurance, including dental & vision
- Quarterly wellness subsidy
- Training budget
- Pension plan
- Pre IPO stock options
- 17 weeks fully paid parental leave for new parents
- Team outings
- Community volunteering
- Working with a great team, in an amazing office, having a huge impact!
Even if you meet 60% of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply! We are looking to create a diverse & multifaceted team. We embody inclusion, which is reflected in our company values where we embrace diversity & equal opportunities for everyone.