Sports matter because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, & live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches & parents can organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way.
Were headquartered in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
As a Platform Engineer, you will play a meaningful role on the team building the core services & production systems that power our next generation of sports community applications. This work spans the backend development, database management, CI / CD, cloud scaling automation, security, & tools to improve developer efficiency & quality of life. You should have an interest in building systems that are performant, stable, secure, & massively scalable.
- Work with a small team of collaborative, polyglot engineers.
- Contribute to the backend infrastructure & APIs supporting our family mobile & web applications, used by millions of active users.
- Help improve an automated, zero down-time build-to-deploy pipeline.
- Automate auto-scaling in the AWS hosted infrastructure.
- Architect & build frameworks & services to be used by multiple customer-facing teams.
- Teach & learn with engineers across the company.
- Be an advocate for responsible engineering practices (such as automated testing & security consciousness).
What Were Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or sufficient equivalent experience to have developed software engineering fundamentals.
- Proven track record of building highly scalable backend systems.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Experience mentoring engineers.
- Ability & interest in learning new technologies.
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy.
- Well-furnished, modern office with a rich supply of snacks & drinks.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Flexible occasional work from home & full-time remote work options.
- Learning opportunities including clubs, lunch tech talks, conference attendance, & participation in hack days.
- Organized lunches & team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.