Betterment is hiring an Engineer Manager for our mobile team. Our team's mission is to create the most streamlined & intuitive mobile investing experience possible to allow our customers to make the most of their money. We partner with User Experience & Product Management teams to build features using native mobile technologies that enable our customers to meet their financial goals.
About the right team member:
You are passionate about building teams that tackle complex product & technical problems. You believe that by leveraging technology you can empower others. You are excited to work in an environment where you get to work with cross-functional teams that span the entire company. You thrive under pressure concurrent projects & tight deadlines sound fun to tackle! You love to learn & to share your expertise with others in an open, collaborative environment.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Build things people love. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible. Sleek design, efficient workflows, simple user experience, & access to sophisticated advice.
- Solve challenging problems & change an industry while you do it.
- Take your ideas to the next level right away & see the impact you can have. We experiment, iterate, learn, & repeat.
- Coach & mentor our engineers so they grow in their craft of creating & maintaining high quality software & supporting systems
- Lead design reviews & perform code reviews, providing valuable & actionable feedback to peers
- Collaborate, with purpose. Youll work in small groups with other talented thinkers & figure out how to make Betterments revolutionary software even better.
- Gain trust through transparency. We believe in taking the guesswork out of investing. That means a consistent experience for our customers youll build the tools to make it possible. We already have the best UX in the business. Lets make it even better.
- Work with people who care. Were a group of talented professionals who pride ourselves on what we do. Were smart, innovative, energetic, & fun.
You will be effective if you have:
- 4+ years of experience mentoring & leading teams
- Experience building native iOS or Android applications & product features, as well as frameworks that enable the efficient creation of robust customer experiences
- A strong desire to lead initiatives to ensure we are providing as much value as possible to our customers
- A passion for software engineering, & for creating what doesnt exist
- The ability to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality
- Fluency in automated testing best practices
- An appreciation for agility & thoughtful pragmatism in software development
- A strong command of fundamental algorithms & data structures
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
Technologies you will use:
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $17 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.