Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
As our Product intern, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, designers, data scientists, engineers & client services in an effort to learn more about our customers & their various corporate risk use cases. Alongside your team, you will help to uncover customer learnings & insights, as well as market research, to inform the product roadmap. Your coursework and/or prior experience in product, software or other related business areas will enable you to continue to develop a strong understanding of modern web technologies & product synthesis during your 10 week summer internship at Dataminr.
- Conduct research on product workflows to inform data-driven roadmap activities
- Evaluate product enhancement opportunities based on analysis of internal & external business conditions
- Collaborate with members of Product, Engineering, Sales, or Marketing teams to achieve cross-functional outcomes
- Pitching in with anything & everything related to getting new products built & shipped
Desired skills & experience:
- Current student, majoring in Business, Computer Science or related fields preferred
- Spring 2020 graduation preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong passion for technical products
- Ability to structure & solve open-ended problems
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.