Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This role will be responsible for managing all Operations & Student Experience team members at General Assemblys New York Campus, with a focus on hiring, training, supporting professional growth, & guiding the strategic direction of our local student community.
- Hiring, staffing, training, & management for all campus experience roles
- Builds & manages the Student Experience strategy & acts as the SE representative on cross-functional teams
- Streamlines & iterates upon current student onboarding (welcome email, prework, course trackers, Slack, Github, etc), partnering with global team members on finding workflow efficiencies
- Manages pre-work completion, sending student reminders, & sharing results with Instructor Management team
- Manages student feedback data through exit tickets & mid course surveys. Shares themes with Regional Instructor Manager.
- Keeps all course & event scheduling systems up to date & ensures the right teams have access to systems.
- Coordinates with admissions team members to ensure accurate student enrollment statuses are reflected in CORE leading up to course launch.
- Manages the student community & implementation of student engagement activities
- Build & maintain student resource groups
- Coordinate a consistent flow of events that serves to build student camaraderie
- Structure student experience budget to maximize surprise & delight efforts, student engagement in the community, & student happiness
- Manage the Campus Budget & ensure that supplies ordering, hiring & staffing are within budget
- Vendor relationship management
- Actively monitoring campus for repairs & general upkeep of campus
- Managing space utilization & classroom schedule for all relevant parties (courses, immersives, CWE)
- Take a proactive role in tracking & monitoring GA's social reputation (Quora, Yelp, CourseReport, etc) & looping in any relevant parties to respond to reviews in a timely manner
- Handling customer service issues; he/she will be responsible for mediating conflict & defusing challenging situations in a positive, empathetic & professional manner
- Ability to think strategically & bring data to big decisions
- Strong foundation in setting priorities for self & others in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in hiring & building high-performing teams with strong culture
- Previous experience in successfully managing both part-time & full-time team members