WHO WE ARE:
The Essentials team creates thoughtful everyday items so dogs & their humans can live their best life together. From beds to poop bags to crates, each one of our products is meant to bring simplicity to everyday routines, while innovating for dog sensory needs. Our team is small but scrappy, & we work cross-functionally to bring our products to market. Were dog-obsessed & love to collaborate (with people AND pups - someone has to try out the new bed designs) & we never take ourselves too seriously. If you love dogs & want to make the best of the best for their everyday lives, come join us! Word to the wise - our official dog-in-charge @suavegustav gets final say in all hires. He REALLY likes people who bring him treats & absolutely did not tell us to write this.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Our BARK Essentials team is harnessing the same magic we put into our toys & putting it into home essentials. BARK essentials products are simple, smart & elegant. They belong in every home & make life better for dogs & their people.
We are looking for a design & style guru to help us develop new products & achieve our goal of making dogs happy by delivering reliably great, reliably elegant products to every single dog household.
- Collaborate with the Design team to create fun & innovative dog products across various mediums.
- Quickly generate ideas in 2D through sketching, rendering & digital applications.
- Participate in ideation & brainstorming sessions with diverse teams.
- Successfully present & communicate concepts to the design, merchandising & marketing teams.
- Conduct deep-dive market, trend & user research.
- Develop production-ready drawings & provide comments/feedback on samples direct from factories.
- 5-7 years of design experience, preferably within home goods or furniture
- Proficiency in Illustrator & Photoshop required.
- Experience designing industries such as pet accessories, housewares or fashion accessories.
- CAD experience is a plus (we use Fusion 360 but are open to other similar programs).
- Proven ability to translate a design into three dimensions, as well as call out any necessary inner mechanisms.
- You have experience bringing a product from insight to design & production under your belt.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You are a hands-on designer with 3+ years of experience & an exceptional sense of style & trends within the home & furniture industry.
- You have a great sense of color, pattern, & form.
- You enjoy ideating novelty items for holidays or special occasions.
- You can communicate creative notes clearly.
- You like being part of a team & dont cringe when getting creative feedback.
- Youre able to have fun & not take yourself too seriously.
- Must love dogs (duh). We take cat people too, but ONLY if they think dogs rule & cats are wild aliens that have somehow conned their way into living with humans as ungrateful tenants.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.