At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical & digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together & it is the only way we make decisions.
Data Engineering is a team constantly striving to create an amazing experience for our customers & internal teams. We regard culture & trust highly & believe you will have positive influence in your own way as a data engineer.
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer with extensive experience designing, implementing data solutions for various business challenges, & leading database & data warehousing initiatives.
- Youre excited to solve data challenges that combines digital & physical aspects, across multiple business verticals like Sales & Marketing, Social Media
- You're motivated to enable & collaboration with engineering, analytics & product teams to tackle the most challenging business needs
As a Data Engineer at WeWork, you will be a part of an early stage team & work with passionate leaders on highly impactful business challenges.
- Leverage data expertise to help evolve data models in various components of the data stack
- Work on architecting, building, & launching highly scalable & reliable data pipelines to support WeWork's exponential data growth
- Collaborate closely with analysts & data scientists, as well as cross-functional teams, to leverage huge amounts of WeWork data, for data-driven business & user behavior insights
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business & engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality & consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Strong communication skills, empathy & initiative
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong background in data warehouse concept & design
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine & able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience with Git & the pull request workflow
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
Nice to have
- Experience leading / managing full project lifecycles
- Experience with Salesforce & related tools
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.