Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Project Manager - OVN, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network & is one of the most recognised global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value & information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses & government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop & offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid & cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants & government entities with a secure, convenient & reliable way to pay & be paid in 170 countries & territories.
At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers & merchants with financial institutions. And at the heart of our brand promise is VisaNet, of which the main components are authorisation, clearing & settlement & dispute resolution systems. The Open VisaNet programme intends to develop a set of replacement services for VisaNet using the latest technology that will allow flexibility of deployment, low cost of ownership & the same high availability & throughput characteristics demonstrated by the existing set of services.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The Open VisaNet programme is seeking a Senior Project Manager to work within the OVN programme management office. Key responsibilities include:
Provide programme management, & provide direction to the different tracks of the programme (e.g., program management, stakeholder engagement, etc)
Partner with key Technology stakeholders to drive key program activities:
Conduct program reviews
Manage program dependencies, risks & issues in collaboration with the delivery teams & other stakeholders
Develop & track milestone plans across delivery teams
Provide executive management with program updates
Track program budgets, forecasts & schedule
Oversee the day-to-day aspects of key initiatives, including overall management of scope, schedule, & financial aspects of the initiative.
Support the programme management office is leading & driving:
Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers & stakeholders, & properly manage divergent expectations.
Support the programme to comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology & Key Controls
What we're after
- Proven experience managing technically complex, cross-organisational, multi-stakeholder programs or activities. Experience working within technical teams & projects a plus.
- Experience in Change Management, Vendor Management, Resource Planning & creating training plans
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organisational levels internally & externally as needed.
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Strong collaboration & leadership qualities & organisational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles.
- Strong process orientation & a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, & best practices.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Educated to degree level/equivalent professional experience
- Significant project management experience
- Holds relevant project management qualifications (e.g. Prince II)
- Experience & knowledge of a range of different projects
- Excellent people management & leadership skills
- Excellent communications, interpersonal & influencing skills
- Proven stakeholder management expertise
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.