KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Senior Structural Engineer
Katerra believes that it's possible to dramatically improve the quality of buildings & the speed of construction. A construction startup with a global reach, Katerra aims to change the construction industry by leveraging technology, vertical integration, & offsite manufacturing.
Katerra is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the structural engineering team. In this role, you will work with other structural engineers, as well as our architects, MEP engineers, & project managers to design buildings & produce construction documents for Katerra projects.
Katerra seeks to change the construction industry by turning buildings into products. Our buildings are designed to be panelized & fabricated in our offsite factories & built in weeks rather than months. As a member of the structural engineering team, you will be part of this effort by designing & developing buildings that can be manufactured & erected more efficiently than traditional construction would allow.
Katerra Structural Engineers are experienced construction professionals, who have seen the inefficiencies of the industry first hand, & believe a great opportunity exists in creating a better way of building. Our ideal team members are self-starters who can change course, be scrappy, get things done & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. We are excited to have you join our team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading local & remote structural project teams to deliver fabrication ready, signed construction documents on time & within budget
- Solving challenging structural engineering problems as part of a design team
- Coordinating with other disciplines within Katerra, including architecture, MEP, manufacturing, & construction
- Mentoring & training less experienced engineers
- Serving as Engineer of Record
Required Skills & Experience
- 15+ years of experience as a structural engineer (experience with light framed wood, cold formed steel or podiums preferred)
- Bachelors in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering (Masters preferred)
- PE License (SE and/or California PE preferred)
- Knowledge of Risa, RAM, or CSI (SAFE/SAP/ETABS) software packages is preferred
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.