Were on the lookout for a Managing Editor to join the MoneySense team at Ratehub.ca. If you have a passion for quality journalism, love magazines & have experience producing digital content, you could be the one.
This role will play vital part in building the future of a trusted & beloved Canadian brand MoneySense. Our goal is to widen the reach of MoneySense.ca & help even more Canadians feel informed & confident about their financial decisions. The Managing Editor will help us achieve this goal by creating content that supports the growth of PVs & UVs, social media engagement, & tracking site analytics.
As Managing Editor, you will report to the MoneySense Editor-in-Chief & also work closely with the sales team. You will be instrumental in achieving the MoneySense vision & strategy. You will:
- Contribute directly to the site through photo research, story editing & your contribution of rich original content;
- Track performance of posted articles, pinpointing which are most effective in terms of SEO & general audience engagement, thus helping to shape the content calendar.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Research & write 3+ SEO-driven pieces of content per week;
- Liaise with Business Unit Managers to keep MoneySense Best guides optimally updated;
- Monitor & report on audience engagement using Google Analytics (website) & Hootsuite or similar platform (social media), to help inform content strategy.
- Research digital photos appropriate to content & brand voice;
- Produce digital posts in Wordpress;
- Assist with social media posting & engagement.
3-5 years of experience in journalism/digital content
Demonstrated facility for researching & writing high-quality service journalism
Ability to pivot among several tasks throughout the course of a day, week or month
- SEO knowledge & analytical skills are a must
- Facility with Wordpress & Google Analytics, as well social media scheduling
- HTML coding, Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator are assets
- Video production & editing skills are assets
Fun: You bring your whole self to work & make an effort to contribute to our workplace culture in a positive way
Do the right thing: You are able to assess both customer & company needs to make good business choices
Growth mindset: You love to learn & try new things
Hunger: You turn passion into action
Willing to Help: You care about your team members & are willing to help out outside your realm of expertise.
Impact orientated: You are motivated by results & track to completion
Competitive salary: We know its expensive to live/work in Toronto
Flexible hours: Enjoy a couple more hours of sleep in the morning, if you want
Benefits: Health is wealth
Casual dress code: If its good enough for you, its good enough for us
Team socials: ping pong, karaoke & VR playing to name a few!
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile, along with your cover letter/portfolio showcasing your your writing.
Ratehub welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.