The Regional Manager of Customer Success will be responsible for running & leading one of Oktas teams of Customer Success Managers who are tasked with providing a high level of service, establishing & maintaining executive relationships with Oktas customers, & ensuring Okta continues to deliver value to customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption & success through CSMs who provide oversight, adoption recommendations, find opportunities for greater service & mitigate risk. The success of this role means higher customer happiness, retention & expansion of Oktas business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You lead a team of Oktas Customer Success Managers who field requests from Customers, Sales, & Support to assist customers
- Manage some of the top customers in your territory with direct hands on customer responsibilities
- You'll actively engage customers we figure out need help based on our analytics, ensure our top accounts are monitored closely, & facilitate executive engagement
- We work closely with Sales & Renewals leadership to ensure prospect customers & existing customers are getting value from Okta & renew as well as working with Oktas Big Data team to develop, review, & act upon metrics critical to reaching Oktas objectives
- Effectively lead & participate in customer critical issues to ensure successful resolution
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline. Or Equivalent Experience.
- Similar background in Customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise supporting on both classic & modern web stacks
- Experience supporting REST APIs
- Real passion for solving issues & advocating for their success, in a dynamic, highly technical environment.
- You learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills in variety of forms(written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- You work independently with little direct supervision & as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical & organizational abilities.
- Strong Analytical thinking, Attention to detail, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Partnership, Customer Focus, Flexibility, Supervisory Responsibility, & Problem Solving skillsets
- Exhibits confidence & an deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Identifies critical issues with ease
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices & customer mindsets.
- Years of supervisory management, customer success, & experience in a SaaS organization
- Broad knowledge & a deep understanding of Identity & Access Management (IAM) & the Security industry
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as onpremise IT landscape
- Experience in consulting & implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security & cuttingedge infrastructures
- Specialized training on support, SAML, security preferred
- Application programming & system support experience is strongly preferred
- Agreeable & willing to be a handson contributor
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging & crisis management
- You've lead or showcase Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Help Desk, Service Excellence
- Experience working with SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow & Workday preferred
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies: