Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly & expanding into multiple new cities in 2020. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated business people to be the next generation of employees turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is a mid-level position with strong career development & the opportunity for rapid promotion into senior sales, member services, & real estate roles.
- Hire, manage, train & develop a team of Leasing Specialists across various markets
- Ensure that teams conversion targets are met
- Create pricing strategy for the homes in your market leveraging market analysis to determine ideal rent prices
- Manage expiration schedules for your homes ensuring that we minimize vacancy during low season
- Tour prospects through new homes or existing homes. Determine the sales strategy associated with filling a new home vs. existing homes.
- Be an expert on all available products in a region - new homes & existing homes. You should be comfortable speaking about the differences between homes, & able to match/sell the right home to the right prospect.
- Weekly goal setting & demand generation. Determine priority of vacant rooms, based on a number of competing objectives. Communicate those priorities to marketing & inside sales to produce demand against that inventory.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to identify any process gaps or necessary areas for improvement around the Sales funnel
- You have 4+ years of people management experience
- You have 4+ years of sales experience (real estate preferred but not required).
- Demonstrated success & experience managing a growing team of Sales representatives
- You will be able to demonstrate both a consultative & aggressive selling style if need be, & can tailor our value to respond to prospects specific pain points & challenges.
- You are comfortable working in environments where you will be able to take initiative & carve out a path to success for yourself.
- You have successfully led & implemented cross-functional, large scale projects
- Your schedule is flexible & will be willing to work weekends & evenings if need be.
- Ability to travel to support new home openings in other markets
- Real Estate license is a plus, but not required
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.