Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result. As the Senior HR Manager for the Newark, NJ DC location, you would be responsible for partnering with the Operations leaders to create & drive the culture for the entire location.
Job Description: Senior Manager, Human Resources - People Operations
- Own & drive core HR functions, ensuring to align initiatives, programs, & projects to business drivers & company strategy.
- Build a performance-driven culture through the development & implementation of consistent performance management coaching & counseling techniques.
- Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement & needs, gain insights from employee off-boarding & exit interviews.
- Manage front-line HR operations support to employees, compensation support & communication, on-boarding/off-boarding, leave management & workers' compensation, benefits administration, HR data management, employee relations, immigration & reporting.
- Review, interpret, administer & ensure compliance with federal, state, & local employment laws, & company policies & procedures partnering with Employee Relations & legal on any agency charge responses.
- Manage a small team consisting of our Senior Associate, Associate, & office coordinator.
- Provide training support to all levels of employees.
- Meet with the Management team to understand business goals & anticipate future staffing needs.
- Proactively develop & implement alternative staffing sources.
- Proactively strategize with management to recruit new hires based on production requirements.
- Provide coaching & guidance to leaders & employees regarding employment issues in such areas as policy & procedure interpretation/application, coaching & corrective action, leaves of absence, development plans & terminations.
- Conduct interventions, fact-findings & resolves conflicts as they arise.
- Deliver, monitor, coach & guides technical & nontechnical training for Distribution Center Supervisors & non-exempt associates.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- A positive attitude & are able to engage with employees with confidence & credibility, even if you don't always have the answer in the immediate moment.
- You are extremely organized & you have a great ability to thrive in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- 5+ years in an HR role, with a depth of experience in HR operations, benefits, compensation, & HR data management.
- Experience handling employee relations issues & coaching managers.
- Experience with benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), & performance reviews.
- Knowledge of HR/labor laws
- Bachelors degree or equivalent job experience
- HRCI/SHRM certified, PHRca preferred
- Master's in Human Resources/Organizational Psychology preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, HR metrics & reporting & Google Suites.
- Be an innovative, strategic thinker who can effectively leverage data to improve efficiency in a production focused operational environment
- Excellent follow through, judgment, & common sense. "Make it happen" attitude.
- Exceptional written & verbal/nonverbal skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills & professional judgment. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees & serve as their trusted resource.
- Have a track record as a successful change agent who has leveraged an HR Business partner model to transform operations through people
- A highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to partner with & influence key business leaders & build high functioning teams
- Ability to develop & execute a proactive employee & labor relations strategy focused on building leadership skills to promote employee engagement
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.