Director, Marketing Operations
Sumo is looking for a Director of Marketing Operations to lead the marketing operations team, managing the performance & optimization of the marketing department's effectiveness with a consultative, data-driven approach informed by industry best practices. You will report to the VP of Demand Generation & Digital & focus on the strategic development, continuous improvement, & ongoing success of marketing programming & delivery. As the owner of the marketing team's tech stack, advocate for our audiences, builder of new, modern approaches, keeper of the marketing 'ledger' & truth-teller of the team's performance, you are the marketing team's central system & feel accountable to Sumos overall GTM success.
What Youll Do & How Youll Drive Impact
- Design, build & scale a new marketing operations infrastructure to support increased volume for services & all routes to market
- Develop, structure & execute a new segmentation strategy for marketers to self-servic audiences based on go to market.
- Improve the overall yield of marketing programs through data-driven insights, & increase efficiency of marketing operations to improve time to market
- Develop, integrate & monitor new marketing & sales attribution model to support new logo & cross-sell motions
- Apply data-driven insights, proactively working with the digital, campaigns, web & field teams to understand & solve program & campaign issues.
- Develop & operate reporting dashboards to provide real-time insights into campaign performance, manage leads, track activity, ensure quality, & measure marketing & sales goals.
- Manage inquiry, lead/account & pipeline forecasting working closely with sales operations & sales leadership
- Interrogate, rebuild & enhance our lead scoring to route, prioritize, nurture & report on campaign
- Scale a testing platform for emails & landing page development to improve yield
Oversee the management & ongoing health of the marketing team's tech stack
- Ensure the martech stack is modern & efficient in its ability to orchestrate against pipe generation & awareness goals.
- Manage the integrations between martech & our CRM to build strategic marketing & sales programs & provide transparency into performance
- Identify, select, engage, & manage vendor relationships to improve our investment & team productivity.
- Manage technical aspects & optimization of the marketing tech stack, ensuring seamless data flow among our systems & platforms.
Championing And Coaching To Operational Excellence
- Lead the adoption, management, & ongoing review of operational processes in pursuit of efficiency
- Support the marketing team's planning, budget management, project management, platform/tools management, & interdepartmental communications processes.
- Scale a central enablement resource for marketing (templates, how to, tools, data, guides, et al.) & communicate updates.
What Youll Need To Be Successful
- You must have had at least 8 years of working experience working in a managerial marketing position within a complex, fast-paced company
- You will also have proven experience in project management & program improvement, having constructed plans that demonstrate critical marketing paths & task dependencies.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills are required, delivering complex messages & concepts to the audience in a simple manner.
- You must also be: decisive & diplomatic; capable of managing multiple tasks & deadlines while keeping strategic goals top of mind
Who Should Apply
- You have a strong track record of accelerating pipeline & revenue
- You have experience with or a passion for the cloud tech space
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves in the builds & integrations
- Experience with Marketo, Salesforce, 6Sense, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Tableau & data enrichment platforms.
- You enjoy moving quickly, solving problems, & scaling marketing programs in a dynamic, post-IPO company
- Managed team members around the world
- Successfully scaled ABM orchestration & reporting
Why You Should Apply
- Generous & competitive benefits
- Bonus, stock equity & employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development & pathing opportunities
- An opportunity to join a newly established team
- Work with the worlds best & brightest engineers
- Ability to join one of Silicon Valleys fastest growing, cloud-native SaaS companies
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges & opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, & cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform automates the collection, ingestion, & analysis of application, infrastructure, security, & IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, & secure their modern applications & cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.