BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
As Business Analyst you will be responsible for helping to grow BuzzFeed News revenue by gathering, analyzing & presenting crucial data & project managing revenue priorities. Youll create & maintain effective revenue reporting, compile data consistently & present your analysis & findings to help inform the News Business team as well as partners in Product, Design & Engineering, Adtech, Editorial & Sales to set priorities & make revenue-related decisions.
- Reporting Set-up & Maintenance. Create weekly & monthly reporting templates, encompassing all revenue sources which can be repurposed for other brand-level reporting at BuzzFeed Work closely with teams such as adtech, rev ops & data science & analytics to gather accurate & comprehensive data from all sources across direct, passive & commerce. Devise a reporting library, logging the data source of each revenue line & find ways to streamline each report. Consistently evolve the templates to include new & updated revenue sources & metrics, such as Taboola & PlaySpace, in line with BuzzFeed News needs.
- Business Analytics & Reporting. Compile data on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis to help provide a view of specific revenue streams as well as the brands overall performance. Leverage internal & external data tools to maintain multiple reports & dashboards. Frequently update documents & spreadsheets for stakeholders across the company to assess. Work with teams across the organization, such as audience development, to gather holistic views of the data. Examine specific revenue streams performance on an adhoc basis by pulling all relevant data.
- Data Analysis. Analyze the data & provide findings & insights to senior leaders to inform on progress against goals & OKRs & help shape strategy accordingly. Create reports, decks & presentations of the analysis in a clear & visual manner. Highlight data trends & explore changes in performance by investigating & scrutinizing the data.
- Revenue Growth. Using the insights & analysis compiled, work with the News Business team to implement revenue growth-related recommendations such as the rollout of O&O video & a strategy for commerce. Devise & implement action plans to help the team & key stakeholders drive & track progress. Once live, report on & communicate performance & revenue impact.
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth & joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen & interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
- Bachelors Degree
- Analytical experience with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with G Suite products: Google Sheets, Slides, Documents, etc.
- Demonstrable communication & interpersonal skills
- The ability to problem solve by working collaboratively with teams across the company to solve business challenges
- Experience in managing & organising a complex workload
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.