At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
From day one, Lyfts mission has been to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, & traffic a thing of the past. Thats why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where were building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers & creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds & areas of expertise, & each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software & hardware experts work in brand new garages & labs in Palo Alto, California, & offices in London, England & Munich, Germany. And were moving at an incredible pace: were currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
This newly formed team will develop new experimental solutions that combine the latest findings in cutting-edge Deep Learning to advance the capabilities of our existing systems & to advance the state-of-the-art of the field.
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers & researchers
- Design & prototype new deep learning solutions
- Identify bottlenecks in existing algorithms & systems
- Develop case studies & experimentally validate hypotheses
- Collaborate with AV engineering teams in productionizing systems
- Advance the state-of-the-art, publish & represent Level 5 at top-tier conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics or similar
- Experience publishing at state-of-the-art conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Programming experience in implementing prototypes of new cutting-edge solutions using Python, C++ or Matlab
- Expert knowledge in deep learning / reinforcement learning / computer vision
- Nice to have: Experience working on self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localisation, Planning, Simulation)
- Private health insurance, income protection, & life assurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike & accessories tax free
- Unlimited holiday
- 9 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.