WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of over 50 talented engineers, analysts, designers, & product managers who have built BlueApron.com, our mobile (iOS & Android) apps, our proprietary Warehouse Management System, & our demand forecasting system (among many other things).
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Develop Android software applications & solutions.
- Work with designers, devops, engineers to design the Android application & obtain information on project limitations & capabilities, performance requirements, & interfaces to analyze user needs & optimize operational efficiency.
- Build new software features & fix bugs in Android applications.
- Develop, release, & maintain native Android applications in the Google Play Store.
- Use Java & Kotlin programming languages to write software applications.
- Apply automated testing techniques for Android applications including performing unit & instrumentation testing to ensure the quality of software applications.
- Write unit tests & testable code, & perform code changes & code reviews using Github.
- Use project management software platforms including JIRA to track issues & feature requests.
- Use Android Software Development Kit (SDK) & experience writing integrated applications that utilize RESTful web services, performance tools, optimization techniques, to carry out job duties.
- Use Ruby to implement features & fixes to the backend
- Use Kotlin programming language to write android applications
- Migrate Android applications written in Java to Kotlin
- Experience with Android ViewModels is a plus
- Experience with popular android libraries such as Dagger, RxJava is a plus
- Mentor & onboard junior engineers on to the platform, provide technical guidance to engineers, have 1-1s with engineers to help them with career growth
- Capable (expert level not necessary) of writing cross-platform code including other mobile platforms (e.g. iOS), backend & frontend-web
Full term (five years) of demonstrated experience must include:
- Performing software development of Android mobile applications, building new software features, & fixing bugs
- Using Java to write software applications
- Performing code changes & code reviews using Github
- Applying automated testing techniques for Android applications including performing unit & instrumentation testing
- Using project management software platforms including JIRA to track issues & feature requests
- Use Kotlin to write applications
- Migrate applications from Java to Kotlin
Must have demonstrated knowledge of: Android SDK, Android developer tool chain including Gradle & Android Studio, RESTful web services, caching, performance tools including android device monitor, optimization techniques including profiling with traceview & analyzing performance with systrace, & Ruby.