We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our Analytics team within our larger Data & Strategy function.
In this role, you will be responsible for embedding yourself into cross-functional teams across the business in order to turn data into information, information into insights, & insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right candidate is a self-starter who can become a proactive driver of infrastructure & analytical improvements in order to develop & scale our data infrastructure, & ultimately change the way the company interacts with data. You will report to our Senior Manager of Data Analytics based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Become the driver of conversations with cross-functional team leads to help inform strategy & support data-driven decision-making (including Marketing, Global Operations & Supply Chain, Product Merchandising, Retail, & Digital)
- Work with key stakeholders to transform business needs into powerful data models, visualizations, & dynamic reports
- Help develop & maintain our data pipeline & business intelligence tools to make data accessible to all teams across the company
- Foster your own curiosity through self-driven projects that meaningfully inform how we work - making us more impactful, more efficient, & more thoughtful
- Work on ad-hoc analytics projects that span cross-functionally & involve more intensive data manipulation & modeling
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years of professional experience in a data-intensive role, ideally with hands-on modeling experience at a high-growth company
- Youre a self starter & able to act autonomously, including asking questions & adapting processes within an ever-changing environment
- You have ample experience with cross-functional partnerships & the ability to put the right people in the right room to facilitate meaningful conversation
- You can easily communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences - from engineers to non-technical business stakeholders
- Experience with business intelligence & web analytics tools (we use Looker & Amplitude!) or third-party platforms is must
- Basic SQL skills preferred, but not required
- Bonus points for experience with dbt & a clear understanding of ETL, data warehousing, & data modeling concepts & practices
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.