Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Product Manager to join our Product team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Senior Product Manager, youll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems & accelerating your teams execution. Youll have the opportunity to work on a range of high impact problems related to how Oscar members receive care, focusing on helping virtual clinicians treat & manage health issues by building an innovative clinical platform.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; youre excited to get into the details & become an expert in clinical workflows, from how diagnoses are determined to how prescriptions flow through the healthcare system.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system into its constituent parts, & how to communicate that complexity simply & cleanly.
- User-driven: You work to develop a deep understanding of how users think & behave & you talk to them. You have a strong grasp of user experience & are comfortable sketching user flows with your team.
- A resourceful researcher. You understand the limits of your intuition, & are able to think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others while always driving towards a decision.
- Organized. You are a natural at guiding your projects through development & getting things done.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 3-5+ years.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, & nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Defining the business & user goals of a product team focused on helping clinicians understand & improve the health of our members through virtual care.
- Driving a road map for the designers & engineers you work with to rally around.
- Working with engineers, designers & other internal stakeholders to create specs & implement features.
- Making sure your projects are progressing smoothly, while continuously weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, & quality.
- Generating insights from data & user research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinating & organizing work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar.
- Testing, monitoring & maintaining the areas youre responsible for to ensure a seamless member experience.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.