- Lead team to help set strategies, define tactical game plans, & develop media plans across media channels
- Develop & deliver senior-level media strategy to clients across all levels that are derived from industry insights & expertise developing necessary cadence of plan recommendations & performance recaps
- Provide assessment of client's current social & digital proficiencies & areas for improvement
- Consistently work to maintain the success of campaigns: update working presentations, media strategy, plan summaries, exec summaries, etc.
- Manage client expectations ensuring clear communication across updates, timelines, recommending adjustments, creating decks, etc.
- Finalizes & presents media objective & strategy documents for larger efforts & periodic quarterly & annual planning
- Oversee budget management driving fiscal responsibility across team
- Regularly meet with direct reports overseeing deliverables, providing council, & addressing potential issues in an attempt to continue to foster growth of subordinates.
- Plans, directs, supervises, & coordinates tasks to delegates & handles all personnel requirements for immediate staff including training & development
- Oversee all recommendations & presentations from delegates before sending to client
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing & evaluating team members
- Foster strong collaboration with internal teams that include Insights & Strategy, Creative, Media Investment/Buying, & Analytics from brief to execution to keep projects moving forward
- Serve as a day to day leader for the Media team as well as being a subject matter expert for internal & external clients
- Looks for innovative & breakthrough ideas, approaches, solutions, & opportunities to expand existing & new business clients
- Entrepreneurial street cred or a bachelors degree with 6+ years of industry related experience in a media planning agency role, with emphasis on digital or integrated planning & campaign management.
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, & social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success & measurement opportunities
- Fluency with various paid media & measurement opportunities across social, digital, & broader marketing mix. Including but not limited to
- Experience leading & managing growing teams
- Google suite skills required for strategic presentations, executive summaries & POVs, & excel skills required for budget tracking & management
- Advanced written & presentation communication skills
- A proven understanding & expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space & how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Solid understanding of industry standard research tools & systems such as GfK/MRI, Nielsen suite (Clear Decisions, Media Impact, AdIntel), comScore, eMarketer, Mintel, MediaTools, etc.