Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students who in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 150+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $80m in venture capital funding from top investors including Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives, join us!
As a Senior Curriculum Developer working on our DevOps content, you would be responsible for leading the research & development of Codecademy's expansion into the DevOps space, developing a strategy around future DevOps content, mentoring Curriculum Developers & third party authors, & reviewing content created by others. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to shape Codecademy's DevOps curriculum from the ground up & help millions of people reach their learning goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead development of new content in the DevOps domain, such as Skill Paths & Courses, as well as plan for the future DevOps Career Path. Content would include lessons, quizzes, projects, courses, & outcome-oriented learning paths.
- Lead the DevOps domain where you will develop a larger strategy around what DevOps curriculum means at Codecademy & what kind of content we produce.
- Review, provide feedback to, & mentor a network of 3rd party authors who contribute content to Codecademy.
- Research industry standards & emerging technology, in addition to educational techniques & philosophies, & apply them to curricula.
- Research the learner experience, identify weaknesses in curriculum, & make improvements to existing content.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, & marketers to design, create, market, & improve Codecademy's curricula.
- Collaborate with the Customer Support & Product teams to gain insight into the learner experience & make data-based improvements to curricula.
- Collaborate with the Product & Engineering teams to create & improve the content authoring process & tools, & make improvements to our learning environment.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a teacher or instructor including experience with writing educational content.
- A strong pedagogical background with formal training on different educational frameworks.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent role.
- Experience with Ops and/or containerization related technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, EC2, ECS, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Linux/Unix OS experience & scripting skills
- Expertise in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Interest & ability to learn programming languages, libraries, & frameworks quickly.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or Education.
- Knowledge in infrastructure architecture (hardware, storage, clustering) & networking (firewall, proxies, software defined networking)
- Project, product, or people management experience involving small to large teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party authors & vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books) or in print.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.