ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, & creative thinkers who nurture & grow theSkimm brand & community while driving membership & engagement across all platforms. The Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing role will drive audience engagement & retention through our owned channels.
The Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing will report to the Vice President, Growth Marketing. Were looking for an exceptional lifecycle marketer with a track record of driving consumer engagement, retention, & loyalty. You will be responsible for driving consumer messaging & campaign engagement, leveraging organic channels to activate & retain Members. The ideal candidate is a self-starter & an innovative problem-solver who is excited about by the opportunity to help define tactics to increase audience value at theSkimm.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Understand & iterate on theSkimm user journey across our owned platforms, ideating on how we deepen our relationship with our audience to both increase overall engagement & retention.
- Own, devise & execute segmentation & automation strategies for The Daily Skimm newsletter audience to drive growth & engagement across verticals & brand initiatives.
- Conceptualize & execute audience engagement strategies to amplify our broader campaigns in close collaboration with Brand, Advertising, & Content teams.
- Lead & own marketing assets & consumer messaging across our site & other owned platforms.
- Working closely with VP, Growth Marketing - further develop key audience engagement metrics in partnership with insights & product teams. Own these key audience engagement metrics & report on them regularly.
- Partnering with Performance Marketing Manager, provide a feedback loop on the value & quality of new audiences & follow-up retention tactics.
- Ideate on & execute new levers & programs to drive deeper loyalty of high-value audiences.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 5+ years of full-time digital marketing experience with a focus on email marketing, CRM, retention, and/or loyalty at digital media or DTC brands
- Strong project management skills with experience executing cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Robust experience with email service providers & expert knowledge of email best practices & segmentation strategies
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Analytics, Looker, & other analytics & measurement platforms.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends & provide action-oriented insights
- Ability to collaborate & work cross-functionally, specifically with performance, data, product, & design teams
- Outstanding written & verbal communications skills with the ability to explain & translate concepts into intuitive & friendly communications
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.