As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications & systems of Visa up & running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting critical applications & ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, performing the code deployment in Production & Client testing environment, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis & remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures & such. The role will also demand the ability to write & maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre & post production implementations.
- 24x7 on-call support as per roaster
- Monitor Processing
- Ensure timely execution/delivery/availability
- Detect & Resolve Problems
- Root Cause Analysis
- Permanently fix the problem
- Set audits & alerts to detect problem
- Facilitate maintenance activities
- Plan & executes changes as per instructions
- Run problem bridges
- Strictly adhere to the processes & guidelines
- Updates to knowledge repository
- Knowledge Transition from/to others
- Research/Analysis Work to answer questions
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Build Automation
- Performance Tuning
- Strong technical aptitude & a desire to learn is a must
- Very Good knowledge on DB2 Database along with SQL.
- UNIX Shell scripting or Any other scripting knowledge is mandatory.
- Understanding the Java programming language & work experience of more than 3 years in Java application L2 support.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis & deploying major components for large projects.
- Experience in supporting systems that run on Linux Environment.
- Understanding of core networking concepts such as Routing, Protocols, Subnets, DNS.
- Experience with Middleware components including Apache Tomcat, JWS & IBM MQ.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or Computer Science or a related degree.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Splunk, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency & productivity of Service desk & other operations groups.
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued.
- Good communication skill & ability to work as team player.
- Knowledge of Web services like SOAP & RESTful web services.
- Basic knowledge on Kafka, Spark & Hadoop cluster from Operations perspective are good to have.
- Knowledge of Devops tools like Jenkins, kubernetes & Openshift is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.