Do you want to be part of a fast-paced environment, supporting the growth of cutting edge technology in cloud computing?
Silverline employees are passionate about what they do. Were a diverse group of cloud technology professionals with the same goal: to make our clients lives easier through technology & we have a good time while were at it! As a Salesforce Platinum Cloud Alliance Partner, Silverline combines Strategic Advisory, technical implementation, & ongoing Managed Services to enable organizations to achieve maximum value with the Salesforce platform. Silverline is the #1 Company to Work for among small & medium size companies in this years annual Glassdoor Employees Choice Awards, a list of the Best Places to Work in 2018. Come be a part of our team!
Controller for a rapidly growing, private equity backed IT Services Provider. Based in the New York City, the company is seeking a talented, achievement focused Controller to join the team. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will manage the accounting functions for the Company.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. S/he will have technical accounting expertise & the ability to help manage the financial operations of the company. Initially leading a staff of 2, the Controller will ensure the timely production & accuracy of all financial reporting requirements, oversee accounting operations, & drive business process improvements to strengthen policies & internal controls.
- Manage all accounting department operations including proper revenue & cost recognition, working capital transaction management, liquidity & cash reporting, payroll processing
- Ensure timely & accurate financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, & annual basis
- Supervise & direct two accounting staff members
- Prepare & publish timely GAAP monthly internal financial statements on timely basis
- Supervise distribution of all internal management reports on timely basis
- Support month-end & year-end general ledger process using accounting software
- Manage independent auditor relationships & audit engagements to include annual tax planning, preparation, & filing
- Comply with state & federal government reporting requirements & filings
- Improve accounting & financial policies, procedures, internal controls, & documentation
- Streamline accounting processes using technology
- Maintain capital asset records & depreciation
- Assist in preparation of Board of Director presentations
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Controller or an Assistant Controller
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of overall combined accounting & finance experience with a track record of success & increasing responsibility
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or a MBA required. CPA preferred.
- Experience with a Services business strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in implementing a new ERP/accounting software package
- Ability to institute & monitor internal controls & identify cost savings
- Ability to work with business & technical teams to ensure proper entry/capture of financial data at various points in the company's business process
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles & procedures
- Experience with processing monthly internal financial statements & related balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong administration & organizational skills. Ability to solve problems autonomously
- Ability to lead accounting team & provide training as needed
- Strong communication skills, diligent, & detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity & high performance standards in producing all reports & materials
- Knowledge of Quick Books software, including all functions & month end/year end closing process
- Strong skills in Google suite of software apps