At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck is the market leader in the online small business loan space, & our products are specifically designed to help small business owners across the U.S. to fuel growth & fund near-term business opportunities. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, & general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing & thriving enterprise.
The Content Marketing Specialist will play a critical role in generating awareness of & demand for OnDecks products through the creation of helpful & relevant tools & content resources targeted to small business owners looking for capital. This is a new role designed to help support a strategic focus on content marketing & will report to the Vice President, Brand & Product Marketing.
As a Content Marketing Specialist at OnDeck, you will:
- Assist in the creation of content for the Small Business Resource Center & other areas of the corporate website, including developing articles, video scripts, e-books, & infographics
- Help produce informational videos in collaboration with the marketing team, including managing internal designer & freelancer resources & publishing content to OnDecks various web properties
- Assist in fact gathering & research associated with content creation, as well as the compilation & organization of writing ideas
- Ensure that all content is optimized for search engine optimization (SEO) & contains sufficient keyword placement, as well as compelling titles, headlines & copy for all content based on content type
- Collaborate & brainstorm ideas with the marketing team & designers for new ideas & strategies
- Maintain the Content Marketing Calendar & help coordinate the Monthly Content Development meeting in collaboration with the Senior Content Marketing manager
- Help gather performance results from specific content marketing initiatives to help inform future marketing efforts
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelors degree with 2-3 years experience in marketing or a related field
- Some working knowledge of the small business customer segment & familiarity with range of financing options available to small business owners is preferred but not required
- Excellent English skills, with superb writing abilities in various diverse styles/tones that would appeal to our target customer
- The capability to be a highly productive, skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize & pivot quickly & on-the-fly
- Extraordinary research, organizational, & learning abilities
- Solid understanding of software like Microsoft Word & Google Docs
- Online article formatting skills, & an experience with keyword arrangement & other SEO best practices
- Some experience with email marketing, lead generation, web analytics platforms & online marketing
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC, Best Places to Work, 2018 (#16)
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**