Accounts Payable Specialist
Columbus, New York
WHO ARE WE?
The Accounts Payable & Cash team is made up of smart, driven, dog-loving team members who handle the vendor invoice processing & payments for BARK. As a member of the AP team, you'll take ownership & become an expert in the vendor payable process, understanding the process end to end. You'll encounter daily challenges that will sharpen your problem solving skills & tap into your creativity in order to help the team become more efficient & effective. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, & playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a dynamic & highly motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver who will take ownership of critical accounts payable tasks.
- Process PO backed & non-PO backed invoices in our ERP & AP Automation systems. Match invoices to purchase orders, receiving documents, containers, & Bills of Lading ensuring accuracy and approval
- Reconcile vendor statements & resolve invoice/payment discrepancies and variances
- Assist in managing expense reporting in Expensify - reviewing and approving all submitted expenses
- Assist in managing the company credit cards, ensuring reports and receipts are submitted in a timely manner.
- Respond to vendor & internal team inquiries in regards to outstanding invoices & payments
- Support the Accounting team in month end close activities by addressing and resolving open items & variances
- Assist AP manager with identifying month-end accruals
- Provide support during annual & other audits, as required
- Works collaboratively with our internal teams (ops, people, marketing)
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles & AP processes
- Have an excellent knowledge of accounting concepts related to cost of goods sold & inventory
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, etc)
- Experience working with ERP, Expensify, & NetSuite a big plus
- Ability to maintain consistent attention to detail & accuracy, while balancing time constraints & deadlines
- Experience with 1099-MISC & 1099-NEC preparation & reporting a big plus
- Ability to work flexibly & learn quickly, while remaining focused on goals, in a fast-changing & high-growth environment
- Experience working with multiple business entities & classes a huge plus
- Strong drive to be proactive, do research, think critically, & problem solve as appropriate when issues arise
- Excellent organization, communication, & documentation skills
- Ability to interact & work effectively & professionally with internal teams and external contacts, in person & in writing
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.