Were looking for an experienced Recruiter to join our team in Toronto to specialize in hiring for our Engineering & Product departments. Your job is to not only find the perfect people to work here but also help them see why IX is the best fit for them. In this role you will do full-cycle recruitment starting with a core understanding of our business & technology. Youll assist & work closely with our Engineering Managers & Executives to assess their needs & strategize their growth approach. From there, youll develop job descriptions & job postings, perform resume screening/sourcing, manage candidate communication, & handle key elements of interviewing, hiring, & onboarding. Every day is different but your excitement for a growing company in the tech industry will make you successful in this role.
Heres what we want:
Knowledgeable: You have at least two years of experience in technical recruiting & are very familiar with LinkedIn Recruiter, Entelo, Greenhouse (or another ATS), Google Docs, Microsoft Office, etc. You also know the Canadian tech scene & enjoy having a visible presence in the community
Positive: You are essentially a Brand Ambassador for IX. Not only will you promote a positive environment with both the current IX employees but also with the potential candidates you speak to. After your conversation with them, they should be excited about the company, the opportunity & are well-prepared to meet the team
Organized: You maintain impeccable organization & constantly re-assess priorities while working on multiple roles at once. This also includes the ability to quickly pull data on your hiring activity & share that data with key people in the hiring process to create a better overall approach.
Heres what youll be doing:
- Research, write, & edit job descriptions & postings
- Communicate with Hiring Managers & teams to research roles & generate effective interview processes & approaches
- Use a multi-channel approach to find the perfect fit for IX- job advertisements, creative sourcing, events, meet-ups, fairs, etc.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment including resume screening, phone interviews, scheduling, feedback solicitation, candidate communication, offers, negotiation & onboarding
- Work across the entire organization - you must be cross-functional in this role & build relationships in every department with a particular focus on Engineering & Product
- Continuous study & work to develop an understanding of our business & the roles we have within the organization
- Work to achieve a high-degree of competitive awareness in the markets & fields you operate in. This includes knowledge of how other companies hire, salaries, roles, etc.
Heres why youll love working here:
- Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto at 1 University Ave., right across from Union Station!
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate & collaborate
- We offer free snacks & drinks as well as catered lunches on Fridays
- We don't have a dress code or core hours
- We offer an amazing benefits package, 5% RRSP matching & a $5 monthly gym memberships