WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 & the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Magazines Best Places to Work (2019 & 2020), & Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 & 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a People Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted resource & confidant to employees, a strategic consultant to management on employee relations issues, & lead human resources initiatives. You will be empowered to have direct ownership over a variety of projects & work. This role will be based in Chicago & is an exciting opportunity to bring your people relations experience to a fast-growing tech company!
Here are some things to expect in your day-to-day:
- Provide guidance & assistance to both regional & global management on a broad range of human resources policies & compliance, practices, & programs
- Act as a thought partner with managers to improve departmental people-related priorities
- Advise employees by taking a consultative approach to help them enhance their working relationships, plan & execute on their career goals, & be impactful & successful contributors to the Braze team
- Serve as an initial point of contact & intermediary for managers & employees, & offer advice, counseling, & training on employee relations matters
- Be both an advocate for employees & a champion for the business
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership & management to diagnose organizational design & development needs; increase employee motivation, engagement, productivity, & retention; recommend & implement solutions to continuously build morale; & drive our engaging & exciting culture!
- Coach leadership & management on workforce & succession planning to identify & take action on critical talent
- Partner closely with other People team functions (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development) to better the overall employee experience; evaluate training programs & determine training needs for both individuals & teams; analyze workforce trends utilizing technology & data, & more
- Engage with the global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiative(s) to promote education
and engagement with the regional Chicago community
- Build & implement people-focused programs that align with Brazes mission, values, culture, & goals
WHO YOU ARE
Youre a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, & dedicated human resources professional who is able to balance the needs of the business with the needs of our people!
Specifically, you have:
- 1-2+ years of specific HR business partner experience, preferably in the fast-paced
start-up or tech industry, supporting a range of both technical & non-technical client
- 3-5+ years of full-time professional work experience (business & human
resources/client-facing experience preferred)
- A strong understanding & experience with human resources best practices,
employment law & employee relations
- Excellent verbal & written communication, & cross-functional collaboration skills
- A strategic mindset & a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude -- no task is too small for you
- Superb organizational skill, attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & be adaptable as situations require
- Robust multitasking skills & comfort wearing many hats at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.