Roivant is a global biotech company focused on realizing the full value of promising drug candidates & systematically reducing the time & cost of delivering new drugs to the market. We are dedicated to creating a better way forward for promising medicines, in a way that is a win for stakeholders across the entire healthcare industry, but most importantly helps patients who stand to benefit from advancements in areas of real unmet medical need.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the monthly closing & consolidation process as well as the Accounts Payable function. The Accounting Manager assists with Accruals, payroll & interacts frequently with outside auditors as the finance liaison.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversees & directs the monthly & quarterly closing process
- Prepares monthly & quarterly financial statements on a consolidated as well as individual legal entity basis
- Performs quarterly fluctuation analysis on balance sheet accounts
- Performs monthly analysis & reconciliation of balance sheet & P&L accounts
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly cross-charges under the various inter-company agreements
- Assists the Director, Accounting & Financial Reporting & Assistant Controller in preparing financial reports & fulfilling audit requests
- Develops & distributes internal financial reports
Accounts Payable & FPA Finance:
- Liase with the Accounts Payable & FP&A functions by working with cross functional teams to develop accrual estimates & implementing process improvements.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
- CPA or CPA candidate with 3 to 5 years of public accounting experience preferred
- Corporate experience is a plus
- Experience in fast paced, start-up environments is preferred - able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape & tight deadlines
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment
- Highly motivated & willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Resourceful & relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, & delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, project planning skills, & a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems & present recommendations & findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick & scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment & gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, & a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, & PowerPoint
- Experience with NetSuite ERP is a plus