SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
The Business Development function is responsible for high-impact partnerships & integrations with the most relevant companies in our ecosystem - both established & emerging. We are a crucial function to drive scale, revenue growth & brand relevance across all of SoundClouds business lines, inform & enable innovation, all in the service of delivering next-gen Fan experiences & meaningfully accelerating artist careers. We act highly cross-functional, working in tandem with marketing, product, design & engineering teams across Europe & the U.S. We are excited to be growing this priority function with the ideas, enthusiasm & capabilities of new team members.
SoundCloud is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager who will report to the Director of Business Development. You will spearhead our efforts identifying, developing, executing & maintaining partnerships for the Creator Perks Program, a vital part of our SoundCloud for Artists platform. The SoundCloud Creator Perks program provides artists on our platform with access to special offers & discounts from the biggest products & brands in the world, across many categories, in order to support their musical careers & lifestyles.
- You will identify, structure, negotiate, close, & manage strategic deals with partners that are relevant to SoundClouds company strategy & projected growth
- You will be the go to person for SoundClouds Partner Perks program when it comes to defining & executing on partnership opportunities, & maintaining partner relations
- This will be done in collaboration with our Product, Engineering & Marketing teams to develop a Creator Perks program that is built on delivering value to our subscribers & partners alike
- You will be responsible for providing best in class support to these trusted partners to ensure that SoundClouds commitments are delivered (e.g., marketing, data reporting, etc.) as well as follow-up on the partner commitments
- Identify new opportunities to unlock additional value for both SoundCloud Artists & our Partners
- Manage internal approvals including interacting with senior internal executives from relevant functions (e.g., Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Finance)
- Drive cross-functional teams towards deal objectives
- Help identify key partners & build relationships & credibility within partner organizations
- Manage a pipeline of prospective partnerships
- Represent SoundCloud at industry events & relay partner feedback & market intelligence to internal teams
- Min. BA Degree with a track record of academic excellence
- Min. 5+ years professional experience, preferably with a focus on building a rewards or loyalty company, or in media, digital advertising or marketing
- Familiarity with the Music & Creator tools industries, particularly the key players & products, as well as the latest trends & business models
- A passion for Music & whats next in culture is a plus & thoroughly welcomed
- Media Experience preferred - you have a strong understanding of the digital media landscape with knowledge in building & launching multi-channel campaigns
- Instinct for opportunities - You connect the dots between market trends, our business lines & products & identify commercial opportunities naturally
- Results orientation - You enjoy moving the needle for our company; you get things done, well moving swiftly to steer projects towards completion across multiple teams
- Analytical mind - You conduct market research, analyze data & develop robust business cases with autonomy to inform that we focus on the highest impact opportunities first
- Clear communication - You put complex things simply, support your arguments diligently & are able to present clearly to stakeholders & senior leaders
- High operational standard - You take pride in being proactive & diligent. You reliably deliver high quality work & help to further the teams best practices
- Team player - You enjoy working with others & solve problems together; you seek to develop the best ideas, (not just your ideas)
- Bonus experience: Product knowledge - You are familiar with product/growth strategies, have an inkling for user engagement models & are comfortable working closely with product/engineering teams
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York & Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), & the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate & connect in person
- at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity & inclusion at all levels of our organization & fostering a community where everyones voice, perspective & experience is respected & heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops & enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Flexible vacation & public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Robust 401k program
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity & Wellness benefit!
- Various snacks, goodies, & 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.