The ideal candidate will have an analytical & product background, with experience designing & optimizing product funnels that enable user activation & growth. They will be comfortable working in a cross-functional environment, collaborating with product managers, engineers, designers & content leads.
- Help internal teams understand how BuzzFeed users interact with our range of products - through detailed analysis, dashboard creation, & regular reporting tasks.
- Work closely with product teams to develop & test strategies for activating users & creating habitual product usage.
- Deploy funnel analysis to understand user drop-off & conversion.
- Administer A/B tests to evaluate feature impact & inform product strategy.
- Conduct retention analyses that help identify investment opportunities.
- Develop key performance metrics that align with company user retention & acquisition goals.
- 2+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis.
- 1+ years experience with product optimization work focused on user retention (e.g. funnel optimization) and/or user acquisition (e.g.outbound communication channels such as email or push notifications).
- Experience with product optimization or growth best practices.
- Very comfortable using SQL to explore large datasets.
- Experience with Looker (or another BI tool) is a plus.
- Excellent communication capabilities, with a focus on clearly articulating recommendations to a range of stakeholders.
- Practiced at taking a structured approach to problem solving.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.