This position is remote friendly. You will have the option to opt into one of the following work environments:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have/will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, TX
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment & business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment & business decisions. With 1200+ employees & nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, & Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
Weve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. Weve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
AlphaSights' Engineering Managers are the technical team leaders that excel at unlocking their teams potential for high quality delivery. They manage both the technical & the people side of their teams; being both a career mentor as well as a technical mentor for their developers. They spend a majority of their time ensuring the technical excellence of their team, unblocking their team for maximum delivery, & communicating the teams needs & progress to the rest of the organization. As an engineering manager you are expected to be able to write & optimize code, as well as ensure that your developers can do the same. You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, & get feedback directly from users.
We are looking for experienced managers who are interested in running (and building) technical teams & holding them accountable to an incredibly high standard. You should be comfortable working across multiple languages, be excited to learn new technologies, & experienced providing technical mentorship to your teams.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning & code reviews
- Technically own (and typically build) large areas of our product & service ecosystem
- Work with Product Owners to flesh out business requirements & ensure that the team is solving the right problems to help the business
- Ensure that the team adheres to high standards & practices sustainable engineering
- Help your team grow from both a technical & career perspective.
- Follow an agile methodology for rapid, nimble delivery.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have at least 5 years of professional development experience, & have at least 2 years of management experience
- Enjoy mentoring other team members, including code reviews & tech talks
- Can balance deep work with cross team collaboration
- Enjoy writing code in a variety of languages
- Constantly learn from & mentor other engineers
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new & innovative ways & wed love to hear from you.
You might lead teams that:
- Build tools to schedule multi-party communication with heavy constraints
- Automate the detection & mitigation of risk in real-time
- Tackle the challenges associated with Information Retrieval including building recommendation engines, auto-completion, & data categorization
- Improve our internal & client facing user interfaces
- Improve & evolve our core infrastructure to continue to reduce developer friction for deployment
- Optimize & scaling our overall platform architecture
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, & diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science & Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google & Amazon
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com